Screening for Lucrative Investments
Using a stock screener can be an effective way to screen for specific investment characteristics you desire or to simply identify new companies that you are unfamiliar with. To illustrate my point, I’ve used a screen to identify a number of stocks that are less volatile than the market, have shown constant earnings growth and have healthy dividend payouts. Below you will see the criteria I used. Click on the images below to see the results.
Stock Screen (via Scottrade on 6/27/10):
- Beta less than S&P 500
- Earnings Per Share (EPS) Annual Growth
- Current fiscal year – positive
- Next fiscal year – positive
- Earnings – Greater than 4 consecutive non-negative quarters.
- Positive dividend growth rate over the past 5 years.
- Current dividend yield is between 6%-8%
To use Yahoo!’s screener click here.
Results – Additional performance data…