A profitable year awaits the prepared as markets continue to adjust to reflation and an improving economic outlook, according to the views of MoneyShow.com’s leading experts…Read More.
The 11 are as follows:
- Inflation Returns
- The Stock Markets Boom
- Gold Rises as much as 41%
- Oil Rises to $120
- Intermediate-Term Loan Rates Fall
- The Bond Fund Bubble Causes Trouble
- Municipal Bonds Hit Bottom
- China Grows by more than 10% Again
- Capital Markets Rebound as M&A Intensifies
- Stock Pickers & Sector Investors Beat Indexes Again
- The Dollar’s Surprising Strength
My Take: It seems like every investing group has its New Year predictions. As an independent investor, it’s good to know what other seasoned investors are thinking about the year ahead. I find the list above to be very bullish and maybe a little too bullish. That doesn’t mean they’re wrong. I agree with a number of the points listed, just maybe to not the extent they see things going. For example, will oil crack $120? Maybe, but I’m not holding my breath.
Use this article to help grasp some big-picture ideas for 2011 and then consider how specific investments you have or are planning on buying might be pushed up or down, if the claims above come to pass.